Your second installment of the “Top 10 things you must do here” would include:
1.Book some time on the Joseph Branch Rail Riders. Enjoy a slower trek and give your body a workout at the same time! View their trip options at http://jbrailriders.com/
2. Spend some time at the newly renovated JOSEPH CITY PARK! This huge addition to the city of Joseph will keep your Littles busy for hours! Water feature, climbing, slides, you name it, they have it! Needless to say, with the many hours you spend here, you all may just need a nap afterwards.
3. Spend some time touring some of the best food stops in Enterprise and Joseph. A few of our personal favorites are Arrowhead Chocolates (who won’t love a spoon full of delicious chocolate while you wait for your drink?) , El Bajio (ask for the sangria!), Red Horse Coffee Traders (really really really good chai and coffee), Ruby Peak Naturals (my favorite is the turkey pesto sandwich) and Sugar Time Bakery (who not only has delicious desserts but just expanded into a delicious venue for soup and sandwiches). Check out our “Pub and Grub” section here: http://www.wallowalakevacationrentals.com/local-area-guide.asp?cat=7555
4. Take a short (or long) jaunt with Wallowa Lake Pack Station. Under new management, this company has changed a few things up offering a short around the grounds for your wee ones to a few hours to a long day to several day rides options. Their Wranglers are knowledgeable and their stock is safe. Check them out here: http://www.wallowalakepackstation.com/
5. Visit the shops in Enterprise and Joseph and experience old fashioned customer service. Some of our favorite shops are BeeCharmed, Deb’s Fashions, and Wild Carrot in Enterprise, Copper Creek Merchantile, Moonlight Graphics, Tempting Teal and Beecrowbee in Joseph, just to get you started!
6 and 7. Spend some time in the little town of Imnaha. Eat at the Tavern (kids are welcome!) and then drive up the river and enjoy the Hells Canyon Scenic Byway. Lots of curves, beautiful scenery, so plan to spend all day doing this road trip adventure. Get gas in Joseph, though, no gas stations available on this trip.
8. Visit the Bookloft in Enterprise to pick up area relevant books as well as best sellers. Visit with Mary who own the sweet little shop and sit down with your newest find in her little cafe in the back for coffee and muffins. You won’t want to shop at Amazon when you spend some time in this little bookstore!
9. Drive around and participate in the personal Barn Tour. Wallowa County has some of the best barns and the scenery is stunning as well. Most of the barns are still in working ranch families so you’ll get to enjoy their way of life for a while too while you see them from the roads. http://www.wallowacountychamber.com/25-things-to-see-do
10. Visit the Wallowa Band Nez Perce Intrpretive Center in Wallowa, Oregon. The Nez Perce Center is the home of the Wallowa Band Nez Perce Homeland Project. Hear the tragic story of Chief Joseph as he led his people from the Wallowas along the Ne-Mee-Poo trail to escape the U.S. Army. http://www.wallowanezperce.org/